Head of Business Development (d/f/m)
betteries, a profit for impact business headquartered in Berlin, Germany, combines deep technology know-how and frontier market experience to deliver mobile and affordable power. We upcycle 2nd life electric vehicle (EV) batteries to accelerate the transition to renewables and are well positioned to deliver scalable CO2 savings and protect scarce resources. Our business model embraces circular economy principles by ensuring recycling at the end of 2nd life and significantly lowers cost for customers through our battery-as-a-service offering.
We are seeking a Head of Business Development – East Africa (d/f/m) who will develop a market entry strategy and implement a go-to-market plan for East Africa based on B2B partnerships with distributors, system integrators as well as engineering, procurement and construction partners. The person in this role must be able to work independently and remotely, take a hands-on approach and interface effectively with business partners, governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as other stakeholders.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose- and impact-driven team which combines deep technical know-how and frontier market experience. Our culture is open with transparent communication, respectful and we are keen to learn.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar
- Solid understanding of renewable energy concepts & technologies (PV, battery storage etc.)
- 10 years of professional experience in business development roles in industrial & international context, ideally in Frontier Markets / Developing Countries in Africa
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and international environment
- Specialist know-how or experience working in the off-grid solar industry
- First experience in hiring and developing people
- Solid verbal and written communications skills in Swahili
- The opportunity to make a big impact on climate change and resource preservation
- A purpose-driven culture with strong team spirit
- A professional work environment with lots of room to grow and learn
- The ability to bring a key technology of energy system transformation for a sustainable energy supply to market
- Flat hierarchies, good ideas can be directly implemented
- Flexible working hours
- A green office with lots of plants, a CO2 neutral office operation
Sounds interesting? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please also do not hesitate to contact us.