Chief Commercial Officer (f/m/d)
betteries, a profit for impact start-up in Berlin, Germany, combines deep technology know-how and frontier market experience to deliver mobile and affordable power. We upcycle 2nd life electric vehicle (EV) batteries to accelerate the transition to renewables and are well positioned to deliver scalable CO2 savings and protect scarce resources. Our business model embraces circular economy principles by ensuring recycling at the end of 2nd life and significantly lowers cost for customers through our battery-as-a-service offering. As we are getting ready for series production, we are seeking a Berlin-based Chief Commercial Officer (f/m/d).
In this position, you will be working closely with the founder and CEO. Your main objectives will be to provide the commercial framework for fast growth in Europe and developing countries for B2B sales, B2C rental and a distribution network B2B2C. You will lead our funding activities to enable the development of further products and scalable growth. As a profit for impact start-up we believe in sustainable prosperity and our values not only affect the way how we do business, but they truly support our mission and decision-making processes and how we work as a team. Our mission is to upcycle all electric vehicle batteries into affordable power systems to contribute to avert climate change and protect valuable resources.
Where your expertise is needed
- Develop commercial strategies with a focus on B2B sales, B2B and B2C rental and a partner network for distributor (B2B2C)
- Develop contract templates, databases etc.
- Calculate and negotiate commercial agreements including leasing or similar arrangements for asset financing with new partners independently
Business Planning / Finance
- Translate business planning scenarios into tangible financial plans
- Provide quality commercial analysis to the business with the knowledge to help make critical decisions regarding strategic and financial agreements
- Develop a financial framework for lease/rental model
- Finesse financial evaluation of use cases and markets/geographies
- Actively influence overall financial planning (annual budgets, growth projections, valuations)
- Support in bringing on equity investment and debt financing
- Build a strong working relationship with investors
Business development framework
- Develop a framework to evaluate opportunities
- Develop tools to analyze B2B partnerships (tools for financial and non-financial analysis)
- Always keep an eye on the market and continuously expand your knowledge of the products, the competitors, and the target groups
- Completed master’s degree like MBA, International Business, Finance or Supply Chain & Purchasing Management
- 10 years of experience in broad executive role like Finance, Commercial or Procurement in a high-growth start-up (and ideally supported series A & B equity rounds)
- 5 years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Deep financial know-how incl. business planning, financial controlling, tax
- Ability to provide insight and clarity behind the company’s financial status
- Ability to effectively communicate these to stakeholders, adding significant commercial value
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Very good oral and written English and French skills
- Knowledge of German language skills are an advantage
- Strong stakeholder management skills, internally and externally
- A leadership mindset and a tactical as well as strategic personality to help drive the business forward and grow in a profitable, yet sustainable way
- The opportunity to make a major, positive impact on mitigating climate change and protect scarce resources
- An impact and purpose-driven company culture with a strong team spirit
- A professional work environment with plenty of room to grow and learn
- The opportunity to bring a key technology of the energy transformation for a sustainable energy supply to market
- Flat hierarchies, short lines of communication
- Flexible working hours
- A green office with lots of plants, a CO2 neutral office operation
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative start-up, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, betteries is your next stop!
Please send an email with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please do not hesitate to contact us.